Win a pair of tickets to the Youbloom conference!
The Youbloom conference is set to be held on Saturday, 13 June, at The Central Hotel on Exchequer Street, and aims to help musicians learn the ins and outs of the music business.
The event is called How to Succeed as a Music Artist in the New Music Business, and will have as speakers the Glastonbury booker Martin Elbourne, Donal Scannell from Gigstarter, and some of the team members from WholeWorldBand.
Other speakers include:
- Steve Lindsey – Managing Director of Elevate Music and board member of IMRO
- Rodney Orpheus – singer/ songwriter/ producer/ lecturer/ author. Currently VP of Business Development for video start-up WholeWorldBand
- Carol Keogh – A diverse career performing and writing with a number of bands since 1995. Her debut solo album, Mongrel City, was released in 2014 and another current project is The Natural History Museum, a collaboration with electro-acoustic composer Sunken Foal
- Valerie Francis – Choice music prize nominee and multi-instrumentalist singer and songwriter
- Eileen O’ Gorman – Partner in law firm Gleeson Mc Grath Baldwin solicitors, specialising in issues relating to creativity, intellectual property, media and related technology
- Sulinna Ong Orpheus – Previously International Marketing Manager at Sony BMG, Director of International Marketing and Artist Development at Live Nation and currently Head of Marketing for revolutionary new music video start-up WholeWorldBand
Saturday, 13 June
10am — 12am
One on one, 10 minute sessions with music industry experts
12pm — 1pm
Community Building. Who Are the People in Your Neighbourhood? Panel: Carol Keogh & Mark Healy (Leads), Mark Whelan, Emmet Condon, Ray Wingnut, Martin Bridgewater, Stephen Kennedy.
1.30pm — 3pm
Keynote: Martin Elbourne Q&A with Stuart Clark.
3pm — 4pm
Think Like A Vlogger – using YouTube to build an audience with Donal Scannell.
4pm – 5pm
The Business Of Music – Getting your rights right… Panel: Eileen O’Gorman (Lead), Alan Murray, Robert Sharp, Rodney Orpheus, Sulinna Ong Orpheus.
5pm — 6pm
Sync Up and Publishing – The long and winding road from creation to exploitation with Steve Lindsey.
Tickets for the conference cost €20.
We have a pair of tickets to give away to one lucky winner. To win the tickets, you have to enter the competition below. The winner will be announced on 11 June. Good luck!