September concert ideas
Electric Picnic 2012 is over and so are most of the big festivals. Don’t worry! There’s plenty to do this autumn. Just check our events calendar and our the latest announcements to see what’s on, and make sure to check again, as you may find that good news comes often to DublinConcerts.
Out of the many concerts that will happen in September, we have selected a handful as our recommendations:
- The Script will perform at The Academy on Thursday, September 6th. Tickets: €39.05
- Friday, September 7th has 3 events you should not miss, although you cannot attend all of them: Norah Jones at The Bord Gais Energy Theatre and Two Door Cinema Club at The Academy, plus a free acoustic session at 1PM at HMV Grafton Street
- Tonehenge Festival will take place at Toner’s Beer garden on Saturday. An event you should attend for two important reasons: great music and charity (all the money from the tickets will be donated to the Irish Heart Foundation). Tickets
- The View, a Scottish indie-rock band, will perform at Whelan’s on Sunday, September 9th. Tickets: €21.50
- On the 11th, the 12th, the 13th and the 14th Leonard Cohen will have concerts at The Royal Hospital Kilmainham.
- Robbie Williams will also perform on the 14th at The O2. A charity gig for Unicef and Childline.
- Peter Doran will launch his third club at The Workman’s Club also on the 14th.
- The Doors Alive (The Doors tribute band) will also perform on the 14th at The Academy.
- On Saturday the 15th Lady Gaga will be unleashed at The Aviva Stadium.
- Roisin O will launch her new album on the 21st at Whelan’s.
- On the 24th Lionel Ritchie will have a concert at The O2.
- September 27th is Arthur’s Day. Many big names will be in Dublin: Fatboy Slim, Amy MacDonald and example, among others. Details will follow.
- Darren Hayes will perform at Vicar Street on the 28th.
- The Village will host Y&T on the 29th.
Check this space again, as we might add new events and feel free to suggest event using this form.
Did you find this article useful? Let us know by liking, +1-ning, tweeting and pinning it and we’ll work even harder for the next one.
Have a great September!